Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas

(Should I tell her this is not her gift - don't worry Kristi, she did not rip the paper.. yet)

Christmas, only 8 days away and I feel like I am 6. I have not been this excited for Christmas since then. I am so excited since this is Jackie's first Christmas, I am excited about all the traditions we are starting, all the things I want her to look back at 28 years from now and have great memories of Christmas.

All the little things that I am excited about:

* Jackie getting her first gift from Santa

* Adam and I getting to be Santa, even though her Santa gift this year is already under the tree (she is just too young to be able to read or pay attention to shapes and types of wrapping paper), but in later years it is us putting a gift under the tree after she has gone to bed.

* The food! I have so many fond memories of my Mom's Christmas baking, especially things that were made exclusively for Christmas.

* Christmas morning! The Christmas tradition I grew up with was opening our gifts Christmas eve, but we are going to go with the Christmas morning tradition. To much of Adam's sister's discontent, we have not yet done a Christmas morning gift opening, it is hard to wake up early when there are no kids, but we are starting this year.

* Family! I grew up far away from most of my parents family, I look forward to each year as we are all able to get together, and Jackie has lots of aunts and uncles, grandparents and close family friends close by.

No comments: