Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Love / Hate Relationship

.... fall.....

For those of you that live in Calgary or area, you know what I am talking about – fall is here. I know not officially, but it sure feels like it. Not only are the days getting shorter and cooler, but this morning I actually had to scrape the ice off my windshield before leaving for work!

Fall and I have a love / hate relationship.

The Hate:
I hate fall because it means the end of summer.
The end of wearing sandals, shorts, tank tops and sun screen.
The end of just going somewhere – no jacket or prep time required (pre-starting the car).
The end of camping.
The end of long summer days.
The end of walks to the park.
It means the beginning of snow! I hate snow and most snow related activities.

The Love:
I love fall because it means we are closer to Christmas.
Halloween is around the corner – and this time we are taking Jackie trick or treating.
It means no more re-runs on TV and new shows are starting.
It means sweaters – for those that know me, know I am a sweater girl.
It means socks and shoes.
It means a hot cup of coffee on a cold morning.
It means turning the fireplace on.
It means cooking and baking.
It means putting the down duvet back on the bed.
This time, it means we are getting closer to Peanut’s arrival!

No comments: