Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy birthday to you....

How did this....



Become this....


In only 3 years?




Today she is 3! I feel old already – I have a 3 year old. When did this happen – how did 3 years fly by when there were days I swear someone changed time and space and they were 52 hours long instead of 24?

When did that little tiny baby become this amazing little girl?

I called her my baby girl the other day and she told me she was not a baby – she was a big girl.

If she is upset, her latest thing is telling me “no, I talking Daddy” – meaning she does not want to hear me say for the 20th time – no, you can’t have a candy, but instead she is talking to Daddy now – and of course expecting him to have a different answer when he is standing right beside me.

Jackie started paying attention to television (finally) just before Christmas – so right now we watch a lot of Dora, but she is very specific – there are episodes she loves and wants to watch over and over again, and there are ones she does not like at all.

Her favourite colour is purple, second to pink, and her clothes must match – I don’t mean that purple shirt looks great with those brown pants – no the pants and shirt must be the exact same shade of purple (where did she come from, what the hell am I going to do when she is 16 and this specific). Just so you know, socks must also match and panties if possible.

She is like her mother in the mornings – she needs time to wake up (I need a cup of coffee, thankfully we are a few years away from that still), but she does not like getting dressed first thing out of bed – let’s go and watch an episode of Dora first, have some breakfast, then we can thing about getting dressed. We have not put into place a new rule – you must be dressed before you can watch any Dora – you should see how fast she can move…

Jackie loves to help me in the kitchen, and I love the help, she is an excellent sous chef, operating my stand mixer when baking and helping cut out cookies, and great great putting cut vegetables into bowls.

She is a wonderful big sister, full of everything a big sister at the age of 3 should be – she is a bully to Anderson, wants every toy he picks up and wants all the positive attention to be directed her way and all the negative attention to be on him.

In all seriousness, she is amazing with Anderson, she loves him very much, always showing concern for him, I think she loves that he is getting to the age where they can play together – but as anyone who has had 2 children knows – it is a rite of passage, a test for all parents to endure the fighting and jockeying that happens with 2.

Happy Birthday little lady!

No comments: