Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lobster


I am not sure about you and your kids, but every time we go to the grocery store, we have to walk by the lobster / crab tank to say “hi”.


So when my parents recently came back from a vacation to the Maritimes, and brought us a lobster I was not too sure how the kids would react to eating it.

I pulled both kids into the kitchen to show them the lobster – they were thrilled and excited (it was already dead).

They both wanted to touch him, Anderson was saying “he’s so cute, he’s so cute”; Jackie was thrilled to be shown how his claws worked.


As he was sitting on a cutting board, Jackie started playing with him; Anderson then pulls up and starts talking to him – “Hi lobster...”


So I tell them that we are going to put him in water, cook him and eat him (I really don’t want tears when we crack him apart) Jackie says: “I WANT TO EAT HIS FACE!!”

Okay, I have to admit, I was a little shocked at that response, no tears, just an overly eager child to eat a lobster face. She followed it up with telling us she wants to eat his eyes. Really? Who is this kid?

2 comments:

kimberley said...

we have to wave at all the seafood too, while lyla informs the fish person how stinky his corner is.

she's so blunt.

love that face-eating reaction!! did they end up enjoying it? did she really eat the eyes??:)

Jenny Hill said...

No Kim, we did not let her eat the face or eyes, but she sure did enjoy everything else.