Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Welcome Summer BBQ

This past weekend we decided to host a back yard BBQ party.


You see, 4 years ago when we were building our deck, we paid a lot of attention to the size of the deck. Our house came with a deck plate that only spanned about half the back of the house, I insisted to Adam that we needed the deck to go across the whole width of the house.

Also when he gave me an option of a deck 2 feet longer, I took the longer option.

You see I had a vision.

My vision was of friends and family hanging out on our deck, summer nights, drinks in hand and lots of laughs.

I knew I wanted a deck where a table and chairs could fit comfortably with other things on the deck.

So Adam built a very large deck (24 X 20 I think – he knows the dimensions – I guess that is a man thing).

We have a table & chairs, our black and blue bins, potted tomatoes and a few other potted plants, a play house for the kids, a kid’s picnic table and the BBQ – and there is still room to move around and hang out.

So this past weekend we decided to host a back yard party to celebrate summer. For no other reason than that – we have a great back yard, a wonderful deck and fantastic friends – what other reason do we need.

We moved the kids play house off the deck and onto the grass , bought some beer, wine and coolers, cooked up potato salad, burgers and dogs, and invited friends and family.

We had a blast! So much fun in fact that we managed to completely forget how to operate the camera. (Actually we did not get drunk – I was too busy chatting with everyone forgetting where I left my wine to get drunk).

If you were not invited, leave me a comment and I will make sure I add you to the list for next year!

For those of you that came – we were so happy you did. It was great to see you and catch up a bit – we definitely need to do it more often –but for sure next year!!

1 comment:

Starr Mercer said...

Love backyard entertaining...isn't it the best!