Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our Little Princess is a Bully!



Yes you read that correctly – she is a bully! Jacqueline is the youngest at her day home – there are a total of 5 kids – Jackie – 16 months; Lauren – 19 months, Luke – 2 years; Marti 2 ½ years, and Jorja – almost 4.

Since Jackie was not walking when she first started going, she was also the new baby, Anna (super amazing day home lady) was very insistent that everyone be very careful around her – she is the baby, etc. Well, I fear that all the babying has made Jackie realize she can get what she wants with a little bit of muscle.

It first started with some ear pulling. For whatever reason, she saw a need to come up behind one of the other kids at day home and pull both his ears. Yes, we laugh too – and Anna said she could barely contain herself as she saw this, but the poor little boy was crying, so Anna swallowed her laughter and Jackie got a time out. But that did not stop her, she has continued with some hair pulling, a few more ears and even some biting. The other day it was just the 2 little girls (Jackie and Lauren) and Anna was making them lunch – well Jackie must have been super hungry because she tried to take a bite out of Lauren.

So our little princess has turned into a bully. We are working very hard at teaching her to be nice to other people and seem to be getting better (now, the good days out weigh the “time-out” days).

Talking – her new favorite word is “BABY”. Right now all dogs are “baby”, but so is my belly. She will point to my belly and say baby – to which, I respond, yes, there is a baby in there – then she pulls up my shirt and pushes my belly button in – as far as she can if I don’t catch her in time. To that I inform her that she is going to poke her baby brother’s eyes out. It is super cute – but I think she thinks my belly button is called baby – I know she has no idea there is an annoying future little brother in there.

No comments: