Monday, October 20, 2008

Vegetables

A funny story about my dear Hubby…

Sunday – I had to work (big sale at Trail and so I had to work 4 hours in the morning), so I gave Adam a shopping list. We were having some friends over for dinner that evening so I put on the list and told him – a fresh vegetable – but no broccoli (he always gets broccoli) – I even suggested green beans.

Well – fast forward to me coming home – the grocery shopping is done – and this is what he bought.



Yes that is an Eggplant and 2 Parsnips.
After I was able to speak (completely dumbfounded at his choices) I questioned him about those choices. He said – well I like Parsnips – and you cook with them (yes, I do – but only when I am doing a roast and they are roasted along side with carrots), the eggplant – I don’t know if even he can answer why he choose that vegetable – I have never bought one myself before – nor do I know if he has even eaten it before.
Anyway – he has gotten the same reaction from his mother and our friends – completely dumbfounded at his bizarre choices.

No comments: