Friday, January 8, 2010

Books, Books, Books and more Books

I don’t know about any of you but I love to read. I have been an avid reader since the summer before grade 6 when I discovered the Sweet Valley Twins and Sweet Valley High series. (Did anyone else read those – or just me?)
I used to read those ferociously, not sure if that is why I love to read so much today, but I have never stopped, I have however progressed to slightly more mature books.

Just over a year ago I started keeping a list of all the books I read, I also have a list of books I want to read (you know when someone tells you about a great book, but for the life of you, you can’t remember what it was – well now I write all those down). Anyway, I have a lists – starting January of 2009 of all the book I have read, I also write down the month I finished it in.

Even though I did not have a list before this, I know last year was my best book reading year ever (with the exception of summer 1990, when Elizabeth and Jessica were my world), last year I read 42 books. I know, I can’t believe it either. Here is why I read so much – first I finally found a book club to join – okay I actually found 2, so now I read with 2 different book clubs, second I was on maternity leave – and nap time for the kids means – couch and book time for Mommy!

I find reading to be a wonderful relaxer for myself. I love getting lost in another world where the laundry does not need to be done, the house is not begging to be cleaned and dinner – well who cares if it is a little bit late tonight.

I am going to try and do more book review posts, I read some amazing books last year and would love to share them with you. If you have any good book recommendations, please share.

No comments: