Saturday, May 26, 2007

Friends

This past Thursday Jackie and I headed to Three Hills, a friend from high school was in town and Grandma and Grandpa were itching for a visit.

Well, for those of you that live in Calgary, you know what the weather was like - Calgary got 7 cm of snow - I drove through a blizzard to get there. Don't worry I was thinking about all our friends and family that live in Ontario at the time - on the same day they had +30 and smog warnings in Toronto. Yup - lovin' Alberta weather!

But we had a great visit - I got to see Kim, her 1 year old daughter Lyla and Kim's Mom Marion - people I have not see for at least 8 years. I got to know Kim when her family moved to Three Hills at the beginning of Grade 8 - 15 years ago. We lost touch for a while - but through the wonderful world of Blogging and the Internet we have caught up and watch each other's family grow.

Sorry - no photos - I forgot my camera.

2 comments:

kimberley said...

don't worry, i'll post the pics i took:). i'm so glad we got a chance to visit...and if you had come back at 4:30 that afternoon after naptime lyla would have been laughing and smiling the whole time...oh well:).
thanks for braving the weather so we could see each other!!

kimberley said...

i just noticed the 15 years ago comment...are we really that old?

good pick in the coffee department:) kills me every time i know "roll up the rim" is on and i can't get up to any place that sell's them...