Sunday, November 23, 2008

Update

Well, it has been a bit since I gave an update, so here goes.

Things are going well - Adam has been back at work for a week, and last week my Mom came in for the week to help out. She was a great help not only with the kids, but cleaning, cooking and stocking our freezer with meals.

Anderson is doing quite well - he is growing quickly, he is almost out grown his newborn sleepers and we are already talking about changing him to size 1 diapers.

I really can't believe he is 2 1/2 week already - looking back to this time with Jacqueline I remember it taking so long to get to this point.

Jackie - she is starting to adjust - however I don't think she is going to fully adjust until we are on our own (Adam's Mom Diana is coming in for this week). She is the greatest little helper, she takes all the diapers to the garbage, always wanting to give Anderson his soother or anything else she finds that is his.

She calls him Baby Ane - I know Anderson is a hard name for her to say - but we are not calling him Andy - so Baby Ane it will be for a while.

I am doing great! I feel great! On my recovery with Jacqueline I ended up with a blood infection and it did not get discovered until she was 3 weeks old - so my recovery was much longer last time - this time, we have been out for walks, and I feel much more like myself (something that took much longer to come back after Jackie was born).

Everyone I knew that had had more than one child told me that the adjustment on the second was so much easier than on the first - and they were so right.

Breast feeding - As many of you know I did not breast feed Jackie, and I was not sure what I was going to do with Anderson - but I gave it a try and it has so far turned out great. Most of the time he is a good little eater - and we are doing well. I did however have to get myself a small breast pump - so far I have only had one glass of wine and starting to have the craving for a few more.....

No comments: