Sunday, December 7, 2008

One Month

I really can't believe I am writing a post already that Anderson is a month old. This has been the fastest month of my life - quite the difference since the first month with Jackie I believe was the slowest month of my life.

Not too much has changed since I last posted an update - Anderson is growing lots - I look at him and think how big he is already (we are going to the doctor's on Tuesday, so we should have an updated weight then).

Last week I was on my own (After my Mom came and helped for a week - Adam's Mom did the same). Jackie has been doing quite well - I knew that it would take us being alone for her to understand and realize she is not going to get everything right away, and sometimes she does not come first.

I would have to say, she has adjusted quite well to me and Anderson - it is the Daddy and Anderson aspect we are still working on.

Since she is a Daddy's girl, she still is having issues when Adam does not pay enough attention to her - I am sure in a few more weeks she will have gotten over it.

Sleep - right now we have a decent routine going on - Anderson's fussy time is in the evening - for this I am so thankful - if he was fussy during the middle of the day - it would be just me - but this way Jackie is often in bed already and then Adam and I can tag team on the fussy baby.

I tend to go to bed nice and early - I try to get there no later than 9pm - then Adam stays up - gives Anderson a bottle - and then puts him down usually around 11 - then I take all the feedings in the night.

Since we are also blessed with Jackie that gets up at 6am - Adam gets up with her, and allows me to sleep in (weekdays until 7, weekends a bit longer).

Anderson is a wonderful little baby - he is a good sleeper - and likes to nap during the day. We have been very lucky - I know lots of people who do not get a "dream" child on the second.

No comments: