Monday, December 8, 2008

SNOW!!

On Sunday Calgary was “blessed” with 16 cm of snow! I am not a snow fan. I do not like the cold; I do not participate in winter sports. Skating – my feet always get cold – I have been told so many “tricks” to prevent this predicament – but nothing works – ever. Skiing – again there is the cold factor – but I also fell and hurt my knee when I was skiing in grade 7 – a problem that still affects me occasionally – so since I would like to continue walking, I have chosen not to continue to invest time into this sport.

I am very much looking forward to a few years from now when Adam can take the kids for the day and together they can enjoy winter sports – and I can enjoy a quiet day at home, reading a book and drinking coffee.

Well – with all the snow Calgary got – Adam took Jackie out for her first ever chance to play in the snow. They both got all bundled up – and headed out to the great white backyard. I snapped a few pictures of the two of them – together they built a snow slide – which Jackie enjoyed thoroughly.

As much as I hate most winter sports – I do however enjoy tobogganing – very much looking forward to another first with her on that one – I know she will LOVE it!





1 comment:

Karalee said...

Oh my goodness I can't beleive how much snow you guys have.

Glad to hear that things are going well for you! I love the Christmas ornaments too, I do that for my boys as well! If you see a dump truck ornament let me know, that is what Dawson is requesting!