Thursday, March 5, 2009

Book Review - The Other Boleyn Girl


Adam gave me this movie for Christmas, but since I had not read the book yet, I decided to hold off on watching it, read the book first and then watch the movie.
The book is fantastic. I loved it!
I am not a huge fan of historical fiction (I find lots of books do not describe the surroundings etc enough - how am I suppose to know what people wore in the 1500's), but Philippa Gregory does a great job at not just bringing you into the king's court in the early 1500's, but also into the lives of Mary and Anne Boleyn.
If you are looking for a great book that takes more than a day to read, I would recommend you pick this one up.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

I've read the book and seen the movie. Just a head's up that the movie is quite different from the book. I too enjoyed this book and have heard of another one about the Boleyns from Phillipa Gregory. I don't remember what it's called.