Monday, March 23, 2009

A Mommy Moment

I do not get anywhere near as much attention / affection from Jackie as Adam does. I fell out of first place in her books about a year ago. Daddy is #1! She is 100% a Daddy’s girl, however when he is working, I temporarily take over that coveted first place ranking.

As many Moms and Dads know, a 2 year old is usually so busy playing they forget that their job also includes some snuggle time for their parents. When Jackie occasionally remembers her duty, usually Daddy is there to haul her up into his arms and love her to pieces. But a few weeks ago, he was at work when some much needed snuggle time happened.

A bobcat was across the street clearing a sidewalk, and this scared her, so she came running to me and the only thing I could do was haul her up into my arms and hold her and love her. She settled her head on my shoulder and I smelled her baby shampoo smelling hair and loved every single moment of it.

She wanted me to hold her for at least 10 minutes, and even when Anderson woke up, I still held her a few minutes longer. I knew moments like these are few and far between and I will cherish each and every last one of them.

No comments: