Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Jacqueline



My little girl is now officially 2. I know this is so clichéd – but I really can’t believe she is 2 years old already.


Favourite Food: Hard boiled eggs (only the egg whites though) or anything that Daddy is currently eating
Favourite Snack: Mini marshmallows and chocolate chips
Favourite Fruit: Strawberries
Favourite Vegetable: Frozen peas
Favourite Person: Daddy
Favourite Friend: Lauren from day home
Favourite Toy: Elephant puppet she got from Grandma and Grandpa for Christmas

As few things about Jacqueline:
She is not the biggest fan of Brutis – she HATES it when he is on Daddy’s lap or getting Daddy’s attention when she thinks she deserves it.
She also hates it when Daddy is holding Anderson – she will say “Mommy Boobie” – meaning – give Anderson to Mommy so she can feed him and that means I get my Daddy all to myself.
She loves to brush her teeth.
Not only does she have her favourite Blankie – she also has a funny assortment of items that must come to bed with her – Pumpkin: this is a small stuffed pumpkin I had out for Halloween as decoration – it has never been put away, Fishy – a stuffed sock made to look like a fish that Anna made for her, and Elephant – a puppet. But she also right now LOVES her towels – I have a few colourful beach towels and all 3 must accompany her to bed and then downstairs in the morning. Oh – and Big bear, bear and baby bear also help fill out the crib.
She seems to gravitate to men. If Grandma and Grandpa are here – she will play with Grandpa – same goes for when we have friends over – she gravitates to the men. I told her this is okay for now – but must change in 12-14 years.
She HATES getting changed. If you manage to get the sleeper off – she is more than happy to wear only a diaper all day long if I would let her.

She has a favourite color for everything:
Bottle – green – but she wants the choice – so we often have a decoy bottle in the fridge – the blue one – and almost every time she will still choose the green one.
Plate: yellow
Construction paper: purple
Sleeper: the purple princess one
T-shirts: white, but it would be yellow if I had a yellow shirt for her
Pants: the fussy pink ones
Straws: yellow
Vitamin: yellow

Looks like yellow is her favourite color, she is a very funny, very opinionated little girl – I think though this is only an indication of things to come…..
Happy Birthday Jackie - we love you very much and are so happy you are part of our family. You make me laugh at least once a day and smile all the time by just being you!

No comments: