Sunday, March 6, 2011

Auntie Amy

Super bowl Sunday, Adam headed over to a friends house, and I invited my sister over to hang out with the kids and I.

We decided to make cookies, Valentines cookies.  I have some very fond memories of my Mom making heart shaped cookies with pink icing with us every year for Valentine's Day.

I did not manage to take a picture of the actual cookies, but for some reason I took this picture.


We also made a favourite meal, roast chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy and corn.
Here the kids were eager to help Amy while she was cutting up the potatoes.
Notice the measuring cup full of fishy crackers.


Amy told me as she was leaving, she is now good, has had her monthly does of birth control.  Not saying my kids were bad, but that they are A LOT of work, but who would not love to hang our with Auntie Amy when she does this with you.


Dinner time - they both had to sit RIGHT beside her.  Super cute.


We had a great day hanging out, the kids had a blast, Amy and I got a chance to chat way more than we normally do, and she went home to her hubby and cat, lounged on the couch and slept through the night.

No comments: