Monday, June 23, 2008

Snips and Snail and Puppy Dog Tails

Peanut's face profile

Today Adam and I went for out ultrasound and we were told we are having a baby boy!

Before we even started having kids, Adam thought he would be a dad to only girls. I think he thought it would be his destiny to be chauffeur a vehicle full of giggly, screaming little girls in pink tutus to ballet class. I thought he was right, not that that was his destiny, but I could totally see us with only girls.

And we both thought with this pregnancy, Peanut was a girl, until I had a dream I was having a boy – well in my dream the ultrasound technician told Jackie we were having a boy before consulting with us to know if we wanted to know. But since that dream Adam has thought it was a boy, I still thought it was a girl.

I wanted a baby boy just as much as I wanted another baby girl. I wanted a girl because it would be easier, we have so much pink already. I wanted a girl because I wanted to have 2 girls close in age and grow up being sisters. I wanted a boy because I wanted Adam to have a boy. I wanted a boy because I wanted Adam to be able to take someone to Home Depot or someone to teach how to chop wood. I wanted a boy for balance. I wanted both for so many reasons and I am happy with whatever….

And now we know we are getting out little boy – it is a little scary, but since we are not the first people on earth to have a baby boy – I am sure we will do just fine.


This is a picture of his little penis - we are looking up at it - almost as though he his sitting on his knees.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Having a boy is just as much fun as a girl. I would have loved another girl (especially as we have girl clothes) but it didn't happen this time. All the best with the rest of your pregnancy!

kimberley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kimberley said...

yay jenny! congratulations!! how exciting that you get to experience the best of both.

can't wait to meet your little peanut!

Karalee said...

I know I've said it already, but congrats on having a boy! They are so much fun. And having one of each will be great! I already feel a bit out numbered in our house whenever hockey or biking comes on the tv! It will be good to have Jackie on your side!