Sunday, January 16, 2011

On My Nightstand - Cool Water


Cool Water - By Dianne Warren

On the back cover:
In the small town of Juliet, Saskatchewan you may imagine that not much goes on. But you would be wrong. Surrounded by the Little Snake sand hills, the residents of Juliet go about their daily lives, caught up in the hills and valleys that life often brings. Lila prepares for her pregnant teenaged daughter's upcoming wedding, even though she knows that the union is doomed to fail. Vicki and Blaine Dolson, the parents of six young children and in dire financial straits, struggle just to get by. Lee, who was abandonded as a baby and raised by his "aunt" and "uncle", tries to carry on the family legacy after his aunt and uncle pass away. The foundation of Hank and Lynn Trass' marriage is threatened by one tiny piece of paper. Willard and his sister-in-law Marian continue to live under the same roof and run the local drive-in theatre despite the fact that Marian's husband, Ed, has passed away, and the two are heavily denying their growing feelings for one another.

My thoughts:
This was a nice book to read.  It do not put it into my amazing book category, but it was good.
Dianne Warren does a good job of tying random people together that all live in or around the same small town.
The story is well told, but I have to be honest, there was one set of characters that I HATED!  But these people exist, I jsut choose not to spend much time with them.
Everyone else - I liked.

My rating: 3 out of 5.

No comments: