Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My New Job

I would like to officially announce that I will be leaving my current position at Wood Group Pressure Control Canada, Inc. effective Friday March 2, 07. I have accepted a new position at The Hill Family as a Stay at Home Mom, or SAHM.

The new job benefits:
- Vehicle included
- afternoon naps – strongly encouraged
- fully stocked kitchen (food and appliances)
- cable television
- long term with the possibility for advancement
- a very small management team – I am the CEO and Adam is the assistant manager
- no set schedule – strongly encouraged to make your own and “do whatever works”

Unfortunately, like with any job there are a few drawbacks:
- on call 24 / 7
- miscellaneous household duties: laundry, cleaning, etc.
- permanent position with no possibility of resigning
- substantial salary cut – no yearly bonus and no cost of living increase

I am almost finished the initiation phase for this new position, however I have been told there is a very grueling final exam coming up in a few weeks, but still I am looking forward to taking on this new position. I will be posting some pictures once I pass the final and officially start my new job!

2 comments:

kimberley said...

That made me laugh so hard!!! The benefits totally outweigh the drawbacks though.

And the napping? I'm trying to get as much in as possible while I still have one small child. I'm going to miss it once I have two baby schedules to balance:)

Karalee said...

You are hilarious! I can't wait for you to join the SAHM club! Being at home is great, even when your baby starts teething, which I think Dawson has just started.