Sunday, July 11, 2010

In the Kitchen with 2 Sous-Chefs

I started including Jacqueline in my baking quite some time ago and now that Anderson is getting bigger, he wants in as well.

So this weekend we baked a birthday cake for Adam and I had my two helpers with me.




Since I had both kids I had to limit what they were allowed to help with. If I only have Jackie, she is allowed to stir the dry ingredients together, sometimes scoop the flour and sugar, and I now let her crack open the eggs.

Anderson – well let’s just say he is not quite ready for that yet, so we stuck to taking turns turning on and off the stand mixer and watching.
We made a Coconut Cake - see recipe below.

1 comment:

kimberley said...

sounds like lyla and livie - though, livie thinks that turning the mixer on and off is a huge job. makes that part a bit easier:)