Monday, July 19, 2010

On My NIghtstand - In the Woods


In the Woods by Tana French
On the back cover:
You’re twelve years old. It’s the summer holiday. You’re playing in the woods with your two best friends. Something happens. Something terrible. And the other two are never seen again.

Twenty years on, Rob Ryan – the child who came back – is a detective in the Dublin police force. He’s changed his name. No one knows about his past. Even he has no memory of what happened that day.

Then a little girl’s body is found at the site of the old tragedy and Rob is drawn back into the mystery. For him and his DI partner, Cassie, every lead comes with its own sinister undercurrents. The victim’s apparently normal family is hiding layers of secrets. Rob’s own private enquiries are taking a toll on his mind. And every trail leads inexorably back… into the woods.

My take so far:
I choose this book because it was highly recommended by a woman that writes a book blog I like to read.
And I love a good murder mystery / thriller novel now and again.
I was hooked on the first page, this is going to be a hard book to put down but I have a lot going on this week and we are heading on vacation this weekend.
I doubt I will be able to finish it before we leave, but I am going to try.

If you are like me and love a good thriller novel – then I would recommend Tana French’s books (so far she has written 3 – they are all linked but I have been told you can read on and not feel the need to read the one prior).

1 comment:

kimberley said...

i've been needing to read a good thriller and this one sounds interesting. hmmmm...maybe a trip to the bookstore is in order tomorrow:)