Monday, July 5, 2010

On My Nightstand - Little Bee


Little Bee by Chris Cleave

On the back cover:
We don’t want to tell you what happens in this book.

It is a truly special story and we don’t want to spoil it.

Nevertheless, you need to know enough to buy it, so we will just say this:

This is the story of two women. Their lives collide one fateful day, and one of them has to make a terrible choice, the kind of choice we hope we never have to face. Two years later, they meet again – the story starts there…
Once you have read it, you’ll want to tell your friends about it. When you do, please don’t tell them what happens. The magic is in how the story unfolds.

My take so far:
I started reading this book on Saturday night and I am over half way through it. It is not a long book (only 266 pages) but so far it is good.
This is a book club choice, so I am not sure if I would have read it otherwise, but after reading some reviews (all very good), I thought it might be a book I need to own, and I am glad I made that decision. (I like to own the books I really love, I enjoy telling someone else about them and loaning them out, and I also enjoy re-reading them a few years later.)

I don’t want to say anymore than what is written above about the story, but let’s just say it is so far a great book and I still have a little under half to go.

I would put this one in the “you should definitely read category”

No comments: