Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Baking Together

If you know me, you know I love to be in the kitchen.
I love to cook, I love to bake, and I really love to read a new cook book.
(Barefoot Contessa just released a new cook book!!)

I have some great memories of helping my Mom bake.

* Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins - sitting on the kitchen floor, using a hand mixer while Mom added stuff to the bowl.

* Cookies - she would roll out the dough, we would use the cookie cutters, then after they were cooked, we got to deorate them too.


I want to create some great kitchen memories with my children as well.
I also want them to be conforatble in the kitchen.
So it starts early in my house.

(this picture was taken in the summer)

Right now the favourites are:
* turning on and off the stand mixer
* turning on and off the blender
* putting chopped vegetables into bowls
* mixing
* cracking eggs

When we were hunting for a house to buy, we looked for a very specific kitchen layout.
I needed space.
Adam needed space.
Little did we know how nice it is to have such a wide open floor plan with the stove / oven on the other side of the room.
This allows me to work at the kitchen counter with both kids on chairs and have them no where near the dangers of a hot stove.

Next up: I have 2 of the great little knives from Pampered Chef - My Safe Cutter. I am going to start Jackie on her knife skills soon.



No comments: