Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Mom

Today is my wonderful Mother's birthday!

Happy Birthday Mom!!

I thought I would dedicate a post to her on her special day.

My Mom is a mother to 4 children - all 2 years apart - that means she spent approximately a decade changing diapers. Now if that is not an accomplishment in itself - this sure is - no disposable diapers - all cloth.

When I was really young she was a stay at home Mom - how could she not - 4 kids - no one would ever be able to afford the cost of day care.

But she went back to work when the family needed her to.

She was and is never too old to learn a new job.

I have never seen her more excited except to meet her grandchildren.
Recently I saw my Mother do something I never thought I would see - she climbed up a multi level play structure to play with Jackie and Anderson.

Here's to you Mom on your day!

Happy Birthday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the distant past, I met and married this fine woman who became the mother of the four children mentioned in Jenny's memo.

If I could do it over again with this special lady, I would.

A word game I play with people I meet for the first time:

Me:
Ask me, "When did you and Georgine meet?"

So the person says, "OK, when did you two meet?"

My answer:
Not soon enough.

Question #2:
Ask me how long Georgine and I have been married.

OK, how long have you two been married?

My answer:
Not long enough.

David Nadeau
Three Hills, AB