Thursday, October 21, 2010

On My Nightstand - Catchup

I know have I neglected this portion of my blog for long enough, so I will attempt a few catchup posts.


I am going back to post a little bit about each book I have read since I last posted.



Chasing Harry Winston - by Lauren Weisberger

Lauren Weisberger wrote The Devil Wears Prada - never read the book, but saw the movie and quite liked it.


Chasing Harry Winston is a great fun read. Good to read in the midst of some other bigger, deeper books.


Rating: 3.5 out of 5




Cutting for Stone - Abraham Verghese

This is my pick for book club, and i have to be honest, I did not like the book at all until I was 3/4 of the way through.

If I had not picked it, I doubt I would have finished it.

I know why I did not like it - the back cover of the book is totally misleading as to what is going to happen.


It turns out to be a great book, but I was expecting something else so I had a difficult time reading it / enjoying it until I was way into the book.


Rating: 3 out of 5.

The Pilot's Wife - Anita Shreve


This is an old Oprah's book club pick. I have been meaning / wanting to read this book for a long time now.


I read this book while on holidays in 25 hours - it did not take me 25 hours to read it - but I was done 25 hours after I started it. It is a relatively short book (293 pages), okay short for me, and I found it incredibly easy to read.

I also really wanted to know why / how, etc.

It is a good book that grips you right to the end.


Rating: 4 out of 5

No comments: