Thursday, October 21, 2010

On My Nightstand - Catchup 2

Attempting to catch up on my reading reviews.
The Likeness - Tana French

Tana French wrote In the Woods - which I had read earlier this summer, this book was reported to be even better - a mystery thriller - and it was.

You do not have to read the first one to be able to read this one - and I would pick this one over In the Woods for sure.


Looking for a good thriller novel - this is it!


Rating: 4.5 out of 5



Olive Kitteridge - Elizabeth Strout

Another book club pick - I had heard lots about this book and it was suppose to be great.

I have to be honest - not my favourite book. It was more like 10 little short stories all thrown together and with some small details changed to make them "fit".


Rating: 2 out of 5.




Heart of the Matter - Emily Giffin


Again this is a easy on the brain kind of book in the midst of some harder to read books.

I have read all of Emily Giffin's previous books, so I felt I needed to read this one. I did not think this one was as good as her previous books, maybe I was looking for a bit lighter content?


Rating: 2.5 out of 5.

No comments: