Tuesday, December 14, 2010

On My Nightstand - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - by Mark Haddon

On the back cover:
Christopher John Francis Boone knows all the countries of the world and their capitals and every prime number up to 7,057. b He relates well to animals but has no understanding of human emotions.  He cannot stand to be touched.  And he detests the colour yellow.
This improbable story of Christopher's quest to investigate one of the most captivating, unusual, and widely heralded novels in recent years.

My take:
This book was recommended to me by a good friend and avid reader.  It is a pretty easy / short read (only 226 pages), this book is written from the perspective of a 16 year old autistic child. 
I found it fascinating how well Haddon wrote and brought me into Christopher's mind. 
It is a great little book and I highly recommend everyone reading it, it certainly helps me understand a little bit more about autism.

My rating: 4 out of 5.