Friday, December 17, 2010

On My Nightstand - Irreplaceable


Irreplaceable - by Stephen Lovely

On the back cover:
When 30-year-old archaeologist Alex Voormann’s bright, ambitious wife, Isabel, is killed in a bicycle accident, he is faced with a momentous decision. She had filled out a donor card, and the hospital staff are requesting his permission to take her heart for a woman who would die without a transplant. Even a full year after he signed off on the procedure, Alex is still conflicted about the decision, so when Janet Corcoran, the mother of two whose life Isabel saved, contacts him, he becomes angry. Her gratefulness reminds him all over again of his grievous loss, and he can’t help but feel resentful that her good fortune came at his expense; meanwhile, his mother-in-law has a totally different reaction, believing that her daughter’s generous spirit lives on in Janet.

My take:
I liked the concept of this book, it would make for some great book club discussions, but I found a lot of it a little too far fetched.
It was not the best book, I feel it could have been written much better, but it might not have sold as many books then??

My rating: 2.5 out of 5.

No comments: