Thursday, January 11, 2007

31 Weeks

I am at 31 weeks - actually 31-1/2 - but who is counting? So 8-1/2 weeks left to go...

I feel great! (I know not very many pregnant women can say that so my deepest apologies to those that have difficult pregnancies.)

Status:
Movement: Lots - for the most part it has been pretty good, but there have been a few times when I feel like the baby is learning a new dance move and sometimes that happens to be right where my bladder is...

Stretch Marks: none so far (knock on wood) I think I need to start buying stocks in lotion companies.

Size: Sometimes I feel huge, and other times I forget I am pregnant (but a walk in front of a mirror or picking up a dropped pen is a very quick reminder).

Doctor's Report: I visited the Doctor today - heart rate is good, my blood pressure is fine, everything is good. (I have the most boring Doctor's visits ever - which we are so thankful for.)

Adam: Adam is doing well with the idea of impending parenthood - okay - he can't wait!

Baby Classes: We kick off our baby classes this weekend - our first is a 2 part class - Friday evening and all day Saturday - this is the big one - the others I have us signed up for are a breastfeeding class and a budgeting for baby class - helps you get all the paperwork you need to do once the baby arrives.

The Nursery: so far the nursery is not set up yet, but this Sunday we will be setting up the crib, we also bought a La-Z-Boy rocker recliner for the room - that should arrive in a week or two, then the next thing on the list is a dresser - we are planning on putting a change pad on top of the dresser.

As a whole though - things have been pretty good, but I have been warned, this is where it gets harder and I just continue to get bigger.

Jenny - at 31 weeks!

1 comment:

kimberley said...

You look gorgeous Jenny!! How exciting that you haven't gotten any stretch marks either! I never got any and was sooo happy! And I remember when I was pregnant with Lyla...she was a kicker and I ended up with little foot sized bruises all over my tummy - made me laugh.
Wow, you're almost done, and I'm just beginning - I'm looking forward to getting past the sick part and enjoy the "glowy" part of being pregnant - but I got to hear the baby's heartbeat at my appointment yesterday so it's making it worth it:).
Sorry this ended up being so long - I'm just so excited for you!