Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year's Eve 2006

Happy New Year!

For New Year's this year we headed back to Canmore! New Year’s Eve day, Adam, Kristi, Diana and Eric headed to Lake Louise to get in a day of skiing – I had other plans.

Diana, Eric and Kristi - on the chair lift.

Adam and Diana

Diana

Kristi and Adam - eating lunch

Diana

Adam

Diana, Adam and Eric

All four in the chair lift - waving

While everyone hit the hill, I took a nap with the dog, went shopping downtown, had lunch in a coffee shop and then did dinner prep for Diana’s birthday dinner. A tradition I started a few years back – I (usually along with Adam’s help) cook a full dinner for Diana on her birthday – conveniently it is on the 1st – so always a holiday.

The menu:

Roast leg of lamb, oven roast potatoes, salad and Chocolate Raspberry Ganache Cake.

The cake was a rather large task - so I documented a bit of the assembly:




Finally finished!

The table - set and ready to go.

Oz and Grandma

The birthday girl... about to blow out her candles.
We had a wonderful time - unfortunately none of us made it to midnight - I was not even planning on trying (with me normally going to bed at 9:00 - I knew it would be a lost cause). Diana has great birthday - and we had blast celebrating with her.

No comments: