Monday, January 1, 2007

My Baby Shower

My sister Amy came home from Ottawa for the Christmas break and she started by throwing me a baby shower.
It was hosted at our house; she did an amazing job with some added help from the two soon to be Grandma's and a soon to be Aunt (my sister-in-law Karen). Since this was being held at my house, I headed out for a few hours of shopping and arrived home at 2:30 with almost every one already there.

The food was amazing thanks to all who helped out - Starr, Karen, Diana, Mom and especially Amy.

Starr brought over their bassinet (which she left for us to borrow). And there were gifts and advice aplenty. It was nice to have some recent Moms attending to share some advice with me. Oh - and Karalee brought Dawson (5 weeks old) he was a great baby and did not seem to mind being passed around the room as everyone just had to hold the little guy. I had a wonderful time seeing all my friends and it was so nice to have the shower before the baby was born, we got so many things, some we knew we would need, others - I had no idea we would need them.


AMY

Marney, Catalina and Dawson

A book from Starr

My Mother-in-Law made a beautiful baby afghan for us - definitely something that will get used a lot.

No comments: