Thursday, November 25, 2010

Things I Love about Calgary #1

One thing I love about Calgary is the weather. 

I know, I know - I must be crazy, especially considering the year we have had, but here me out.

#1 - We have never had a hurricane.
#2 - Although there might be tornadoes in the area - we do not live in Tornado Alley.
#3 - We get a lot of sun (especially when you compare to Vancouver or London, England).
#4 - We get snow. I know not everyone is a fan of the snow - but kids love it - and I loved it as a child.
#5 - Summer is not +40 temperatures.
#6 - CHINOOKS!!!


I do not consider myself a winter person, I do not ski, I strongly dislike skating (my feet always get cold), tobogganing is fun, but not as much fun as sitting beside a fire drinking the hot chocolate after, so I love that I live in the land of Chinooks.

I love that we can go from -30 one day, and then next day be at only -3. 

I love the little mini breaks we get during our winters, the only problem is it always starts to make me think about camping... only 5 more months to go....

No comments: